Saturday, February 7, 2009

Owlishly's Amigurumi Octavio Octopus

I encountered this week this cute amigurumi doll in Owlishly' s Etsy shop. Owlishly (Mia Zamora-Johnson) sells these gorgeous Crochet Patterns with various creative amigurumi dolls. I must say I couldn't resist the temptation and am very happy with her professional and clear pattern.
By the way, I was convinced amigurumi is a Japanese name derived from the word "amigos" in Spanish (=friend), but big surprise, wikipedia taught me that it is "derived from a combination of the Japanese words ami, meaning crocheted or knitted, and nuigurumi, meaning stuffed doll. This is the Japanese art of knitting or crocheting small stuffed animals and anthropomorphic creatures.

Image © Mia Zamora-Johnson

1 comment:

Emily said...

Can't resist the little lavender suckers on the underside of the tentacles!