Sunday, August 2, 2009

Lovecraft and I-40

The power of Cthulhu is awakened in a small midwestern town by a couple of bored teens and a library book from the restricted section. While everyone's favorite cephalopod-diety is more an omnipresent power then a character - the artist Fiona Staples slips a tentacle into the layout now and then, to remind you who is really in control of the situation.
Its written by Aaron Williams and running for 6 issues. If you go and buy them, maybe it will run for more!

This post is dedicated to our 'arch-nemesis' Canadian Cave of Coolness. This proves nothing CCoC...nothing.

3 comments:

Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

So there is not enough mischief for the tentacled ones to get into in the ocean so they come on dry land and corrupt our youth through reading of all things. That is just beautiful. Those poor kids. They were getting good grades and never talked back but now they are all octopunks with their rock and their roll, their non sensible shoes and their potty mouths. I hope you are happy.

And on another note...I am only trying to save your soul sister. Please come back from the dark side. You know nothing good ever comes from interspecies relationships.

. c h o k l i t . said...

I never even knew we had an arch-nemesis! Excellent.

raven_nvrmore said...

http://www.clevercakestudio.com/2008/05/19/cthulhu-cake/

Hi! I've been keeping my eye on your blog for a while and when I saw this the other day, I thought of you!