Thursday, January 13, 2011

Maximo Riera Octopus Chair


A little pricey for most of our furniture budgets, sure, but this piece bears mention. I cannot get over this thing, no matter how many times I see it online.

From Maximo Riera comes The Octopus Chair, where art meets nature and man meets beast in this gorgeous, masterfully crafted piece. It is first of The Animals Collection, consisting of more than fifteen different pieces inspired by the beauty of the natural world. Painstakingly sketched, assembled, crafted and painted by hand, as Riera says, “The Octopus Chair therefore becomes a powerful intersection of complex human design integrated with nature’s splendor.”

Beautiful, majestic and every bit as otherworldly as the animal itself, I fear I would be too awe-struck to ever sit in it...

You can find more on Maximo Riera, The Animals Collection and The Octopus Chair at his website, MaximoRiera.com


1 comment:

Vard said...

DO want! by the way, I'm a cephalopod collector and I've decided to make an online catalogue of the items I have. here: http://allmytentacles.blogspot.com/ - that's just a small part, the rest will be added sooner or later. I know this is spam, but at least it's up to the topic. ;)